Monday, April 23, 2007

Photo Album!

New photo album up with more photos! Hopefully I'll add to this when I eventually get a new camera. The webspace is courtesy of my good friend Craig, by the way! Many thanks to him. To find the gallery, just click the link in the sidebar. It's been updated to the new one.

EDIT: Photos are annoying. Program all in Japanese, need to go so will fix tomorrow afternoon if possible..

Not much else to report on, since everything is going pretty well! School is amazingly enjoyable and I love my friends and all the other random people I meet that make my days what they are. Today during my self-study period in the Library a class of 3rd years came in... the students were talking about me so the teacher got me to do an impromptu self-introduction. After that, some of the girls sitting near me started talking to me and eventually asked me to take photos with each of them on their cell phones haha. I've never taken so many pictures with people at once, it was really odd.

Actually, what was more odd was that the first thing they asked when they talked to me was 'Do you have a girlfriend?'; that seems to be a conversation starter in Japan, or at least from my experience at school it is.

Another event that made today that little bit more interesting, was my friend Misuzu Oda searching for the word 'bi' accidentally in my electronic dictionary (She meant to find 'bill'), after reading the Japanese translation she freaked out... a lot. It surprised me since that word is pretty casual and normal in Australia, people chuck it around a lot in fact. But here her and Azusa were freaking out as if it were something really unusual. There's cultural difference for you!

This computer is being a little odd today, and I keep getting 'Generic Host Process for Win32' errors that stop the internet from working till I restart... I hope it sorts itself out - I have no idea what to do, computers entirely in Japanese confuse me. So anyway, I'm keeping this short so I don't lose it all to that said error... If anyone has any idea what this error means or how to fix it - do share! I'm sure the family has less of a clue than I do...

Tomorrow is my mum and sister's birthdays! An early happy birthday to them!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI KAS!

Thanks for the birthday greetings!
:))
Sounds like school is err....interesting!

J+B+H

Anonymous said...

This MAY be it...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894391

You need to find out what version of Windows they are running.
J+B+H

Anonymous said...

hey kassY~ ur dp photo~ itz so kyoto~~~:D hope u figure out ur pic probs soon, i wanna see all ur pix soon!
gannbatte~ zyane~

love from sis

Anonymous said...

itz from canada!!:D if u cant figure out who i am

Anonymous said...

Hey Kaspar!
Seems like you are having fun in Japan! Its great that you are so popular among the girls lol
I know that life in Japan is not easy at first, but your japanese will get better and better as the time goes :)
Matane
xox
Hiro Tae

Anonymous said...

hey :)
happy birthday to your mother and sister<33
(their birthday is the same? wow!!! lol)

i saw your photos :D
i can't see big pictures, but they are nice :D
i love the train one cuz it's so 日本って感じ!lol

anyway hope we can talk soon(*´∀`)

またねー('^ω°)ノ`

Anonymous said...

Hey Kousin Kasper, how goeth thou? Man, I haven't seen you since we were small. Having just moved out and all, I empathize with you being a zillion leagues away, only you moved away from our large and largely crazy family, while I plunged further into the fray. They're awesome though, eh? You must miss us all, lol. You're a genius, by the way. Don't start any international incidents too early unless you can pass the blame. And save the whales. Dooooo iiiiit.
Love,
Kit
aka. Hannah, your cousin of Cooma.