Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Host Family Information

Since yesterday I received news on where I'd be going to school, all I was waiting on was the news of my host family. That arrived earlier today and I have to say I'm pretty pleased! I'll be spending the first 6 months of my exchange with the Tomori family. The family consists of 4 people; Mother (Junko), Father (Hideharu), and two Sons (Hiroki and Fumiaki). They also have a pet dog! Hiroki and Fumiaki are 16 and 13 and they're interested in skateboarding, music, painting and reading. Which sounds interesting, I'm sure they're both great guys.

According to the information sheet I was given, Junko enjoys cooking which should be good, I can imagine. Unfortunately they can only host me for the first 6 months, so I might have to move to a new host family after the first 6 months. This could be interesting, it'll be good to live with different types of families. I'm looking forward to my stay with the Tomori family though, they seem like a really nice bunch.

They describe themselves as; kind, tolerant, cheerful, individual, tidy, independent and strict. Definitely a great blend of traits for a family to have!

3 comments:

xsauhinx said...

hhey! i couldnt be bothered to comment each entry, so i'll just make one big comment! awesome! :D you finally know where you're goooinngg. kyoto! yyay we can go see you when we go over to japan then! should be fun. wow that electronic dictionary thing looks so pretty.. and expensive! they're handy little things aren't they? aww it's a pity that you miss out of the japanese school uniforms :( lol because that's so something i'd be looking forward to if i was going to japan on exchange xD but your host family sounds really nice. should be a whole bunch of fun.
holy moley, a couple of weeks till you leave! feeling alot more pumped now that you know all the details i suspect.
xoxo

Unknown said...

That sounds like fun, andyour host family sound neat! I am very jealous of you right now, heh. Keep updating! :D

Anonymous said...

Strict sounds scary *_*
But then I have a problem with authority XD