Monday, December 17, 2007

Chevalier College


Recently a group of kids from Chevalier College in Bowral, NSW, came to my school for about 2 weeks. Chevalier is sister schools with Murasakino, so it's a common event for kids from there to come here and kids from Murasakino to go to Chevalier for short exchanges. This group were students of Japanese at Chevalier and ranged in age from 13-17. They came with their Japanese teacher, as well as some other teacher aides as a class trip.

I'd been asked to help them out during their time here. Both by just being a bridge for communication and by helping teach them Japanese along with the people who usually teach me Japanese, a group of university student volunteers.

It was a great 2 weeks. It was very odd to have this group of 14 or so Australians suddenly hanging around the place, but I soon got used to it and it was a welcome change. Actually, being around them made me notice just how much I myself had changed since I came here. At times it was hard to fit in, and I found myself being more comfortable around the Japanese students than the Australian ones! That said, they were a great bunch of people, and it was a pleasure having them around for that time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey!
wow one of my friends randomly found this blog and told me!
hehe im Elanor, i was on the Chevalier tour.
(the one with the curly blonde hair ...if that helps at all)
Anyways everyone just wants to thank you for you help!
well might find u again on a random blog later!
buh bye!
xxx Elanor

Anonymous said...

Hiya mate! Good to see/hear of you again. How are you?
It was a surprise to actually find you on here, everyone's gone "Hey if you google 'Murasakino"..." so I did!
Seeya mate, stay well.
Will