Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Host Change


I changed host families yet again, making this the third and final family I will live with in Japan. As always the change was met with a bit of worry and the like. I had adjusted well to life with my second family and was anxious about the new one. I found out, that actually, they were people I had already met before. They hosted a Thai girl that came to my school briefly, and I had met them to go to a festival together and visited their house before. It gave me a bit of relief and I felt like the move would be okay.

Thankfully, it was. I've managed to adjust well to this family too, and it's taken a bit. I've had to sacrifice stuff like morning showers, but benefited by being a lot closer to school - a 10 minute commute compared to a 1 hour plus commute at the previous home.

The family is really interesting. The mother, father, 2 sisters (20 and 23) and grandmother and grandfather all live at home. There is a brother who lives in Tokyo at the moment, too. Both sisters are easy to get along with and always interesting, and the family is in general very warm and friendly. I'm glad I've got to experience 3 very different, very positive home stays while I've been here.

The picture above is of my second family, the Ota family.

No comments: