Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rain, Rain Go Away

Today it rained like I've never seen before. Actually, it started raining early on last night and continued all night into the morning. I made a call to walk to school instead of ride, because I'm not confident enough of my coordination to ride with one hand while holding an umbrella. Good call, I'd say. The rain got really heavy just after I left the house, the wind was really strong too, and despite having an umbrella I was absolutely drenched by the time I got to school (And it stopped raining shortly after). This afternoon it looks like more rain... wouldn't surprise me if it rains tomorrow.

School is going great. I am slowly making more friends outside of my homeroom class and it's great to have people waving and saying hi around the school rather than gawking at you. According to my friend Oda Misuzu I have hundreds of girlfriends haha.

I'm not a huge fan of PE lessons period, but today we played volleyball. I should mention I was never good at volleyball and never had any interest in it, but today I had a tonne of fun. Apparently I suddenly got good (or half decent anyway) at it!

I don't know I think something just clicked recently and I don't care if it's become routine, or I can't understand the lessons, I am having the time of my life. I can wake up every morning and think to myself 'Wow, I am actually in Japan!' and it's a great feeling. I have only been here for around 2 months, and already I don't even want to think about going back to Australia! Naturally I miss family and friends in Australia, but I feel so at home in this country right now. It's the best feeling ever.

I'm planning a trip to Osaka this Sunday with Carissa and Alistair (Two of the other Australian exchange students with PIEE) which should be great, since I've wanted to go to Osaka for a long time. Takoyaki city! I am definitely eating some Osaka takoyaki. I've been told some people there even put chocolate in it! Crazy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! 2 months...I can't believe it!! It's gone so quickly. 2 down, 10 to go, make the most of every minute!

It's totally NOT FAIR that Japan get's all that rain & we don't... :(

Great about the volleyball...you can join our family team when you get home (naaaat!)

Have FUN in osaka...take care, & what is the thing that get's chocolate put in, & SHOULD it have chocolate put in it???

J+B+H

Anonymous said...

dude ... the save the squid league says "no to takoyaki in chocolate" !! :p

says b

Anonymous said...

wah:p hundred of gfs? XD remember what i told u when we were both back in brisbane...Jap girls love western guys:P seeeeei wasnt lying!
take care kassy~

love chrissy

Anonymous said...

Duddeee i am so immensely jealous
that you are having fun and
well im not.
save me.
Glad your having fun though
and that your feeling at home.
haha i think the last time i
talked to you i kept asking the
same questions about Japan im sorry i think i was tired lol.

stay safe!
-sune

Anonymous said...

hahah kaspar! you man-whore. hundreds of girlfriends hey? XD
summer's around the corner over there and it's raining that badly? (or did i miscalculate) ha, i wished it would rain more than 4 times a year back here lol because at the moment, we've been restricted to 4 minute showers. not that i'm affected, but still. by the way, i would pay to see you riding in the rain holding an umbrella at the same time with one hand LOL although, i don't imagine it to be the easiest thing to do, is it natural over there to do it?

miss yoouu; take care,

sau xoxo