Saturday, March 17, 2007

My Life in a Suitcase

So tonight is my last night in Australia for the next 12 months. The feeling is almost surreal at the moment. Even as I was cramming all the different objects of my life into a big suitcase the reality was still somewhere above my head. It's an odd feeling. Maybe one of the oddest nights of my entire life. I just can't believe that this is the last time I'll be sitting in this room, in this chair for the next year!

It's going to be a huge adventure, and this is the beginning of it all. I'm totally psyched, and I can't wait to just dive right into it all! Tokyo on Monday morning, and I'll be living out the dream I've been wanting for so long.

I'd never had any experience with packing beyond short one-week trips before today, and it was definitely hectic. Just getting the weight right is such a hassle. I did manage to cut my suitcase weight down to 20kg though, and my carry-on luggage is under 7kg... that is, not counting my laptop bag which alone weighs a good 7kg. My dad assures me that they won't weigh my laptop bag though, and that what I've generally heard, so hopefully that's the case! If not, my parents may end up having to pay excess fees, which would not be good at all.

Undoubtedly, this is going to be so hard. But it's all so worth it. I can't wait!

11 comments:

xsauhinx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ggannnbbaatttee!
i'm looking forward to your next post xD it should be exciting huh? somehow it's hard getting my head around the fact that you'll be in tokyo on monday, while, you know.. i'm at school, doing a japanese listening exam :(
ddammnnn yyyouuu kkasspar!
i hope you have an amazing time though, keep us all updated!
take care.
xoxo

Will Barker said...

Congratulations, Kas. Your Japanese is going to be so super-freaky good when you get back. You'll have the best time ever. Can't wait to hear from your next blog when you are actually in Japan!! :-D

Anonymous said...

talk me online when you get to japan! xD did you bring ur webcam with you???

:D

:DDDD

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD chrissy~

Anonymous said...

I'm just a random, but congrats!! I might be reading your next entries~ =D

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled on to this blog from i-don't-know-where, and its interesting!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

KASSSIEEE!
O_O
YOUR IN JAPAN!
haha
hope its not too cold
and that your having fun!
<3 sune.

Anonymous said...

キャスパー!
あやなだよ(*´∀`)
how are you doing?
hope you're enjoying staying in japan... :)

anyway i send message to your myspace, so if you have free time check it out please :Dlol

have a good time!

Anonymous said...

cool kaspar! i know you are in japan now. congratulations that you are now in your first step towards your dream.

love,
evan

Anonymous said...

kaspar i also have a blogspot :] i started a new one. i also have in multiply.com

http://evuuun.multiply.com

visit if you have time :]

Anonymous said...

Heya,

Why is this page in Japanese? Do I look like I speak Japanese?!

With the lack of blogging is it a case of no internet? I'm panicing on your behalf.. or maybe you're already doing that. Let me know. Write me an email! Have you been brave enough to make full use of the jets in the toilet? Get on MSN!

Craig.