Sunday, February 11, 2007

A few mundane updates

I wish I could post here more often at the moment, but the reason I haven't been doing so is that there is very little to update on. I haven't heard much else at all regarding my trip to Japan, which is really quickly approaching as I'll be leaving in a little over a month, if the estimate departure date I was given is correct. There have been a few mundane updates handed down to me from Student Exchange Australia, but it doesn't help much to ease the apprehension that's going through me right now.

Apparently all the students going to Japan with SEA this year have been assigned schools already, and possibly host families, but I still haven't been told where I'm going. The coordinator that was assigned to me wasn't sure either last time I heard, so it's all rather up in the air at the moment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something is told to me soon, because as soon as I know where I'm heading this will seem much more real and I might be able to plan things a bit better.

Pretty soon it will be time to start buying all those essentials I need for the trip; clothes being the main thing, but also things like a camera which I wouldn't be able to do without. At first I was planning to work part-time until my departure but sadly those plans actually never came into fruition. I applied at places, had trial shifts, and even got hired somewhere - it's a long story, but fast food chains in Australia are unbelievably slack. This said, I won't be able to go on any massive shopping sprees while I'm over in Japan, but I can't imagine I'll be dirt poor for the entire year either.

I guess the main reason I wanted to write something here was to just make sure you all know I'm alive and actually intending on posting, as soon as something does happen. With any luck the next month or so will be much more interesting. It's only a matter of time before I start getting more and more information about the trip.

2 comments:

x~BekKah~x said...

hmm so i tried to leave a comment on ur last blog, but it never worked. so hear i am trying to comment again. i'm glad ur writing a blog becos then not only can u keep a track of ur time in japan, so can everyone else. its so convenient! tell me when u find out where ur staying, might be near me. anyways, keep blogging!!

GANBATE!

- PEACE X -

Will Barker said...

Hey, strange to hear that you've not even been told where you are going yet Kas. I'm sure it'll all work out. Here's to hoping that you'll be in Saitama with Bek and I!